Food review: Shu mai (dim sum) ~ Food review blog: I Food U Food

Food review blog from San Francisco.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Food review: Shu mai (dim sum)


















Restaurant:
Canton Seafood & Dim Sum Restaurant (San Francisco)
Food description: Chinese steamed dumplings filled with shrimp and pork (dim sum)
Food rating: 6.5 out of 10
Times ordered: 5

They serve many different dumplings for dim sum at this restaurant (my favorite being the shrimp dumplings) but I always order the shu mai. Their version of it has shrimp and pork mixed together, which I'm not a huge fan of because it makes the texture a little chunky. I do enjoy the flavor, which is dominated by a tasty combo of sesame oil and pork. It's not too salty or shrimpy. I could tell that they had been frozen for a while (the pea was embedded into the meat permanently), unlike some of their other dim sum. Overall, not the best I've had, but good enough to order again.

No comments: