Food review: Spicy white tuna roll ~ Food review blog: I Food U Food

Food review blog from San Francisco.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Food review: Spicy white tuna roll


















Restaurant:
Sushi Time (San Francisco)
Food description: Albacore tuna and cucumber roll topped with spicy mayonnaise and sesame seeds
Food rating: 7 out of 10
Times ordered: 1

I always like to get the spicy tuna rolls when we go to a new sushi joint, partly because I like the spicy mix of flavors and partly because I get to eat it all - M doesn't like the mayo! Normally I don't see the albacore used in the spicy tuna roll which turned out to be a pretty good change in this case. The mayo dollop on top was not too mayo-ey and let you taste the rest of the ingredients without being overwhelming. The spiciness was just right, and it was a little bit sweet as well. Overall good flavor - and yummy sesame seeds. I dislike when the sesame is lost completely and they did a good job here of balancing. I'm curious if they didn't use the red tuna in the roll because it isn't normally very good - it sure wasn't on this visit. Well, I am pleased with this rendition of the spicy tuna roll by Sushi Time and I would have it again.

No comments: