"Piggy Special" (french toast, sausage, and eggs) ~ Food review blog: I Food U Food

Food review blog from San Francisco.

Friday, May 4, 2007

"Piggy Special" (french toast, sausage, and eggs)


















Restaurant:
Pork Store Cafe (Valencia St, San Francisco)
Food description: Two fried eggs (over-medium) with french toast and chicken apple sausage links
Food rating: 8 out of 10
Times ordered: 4

Theres a reason I keep coming back to Pork Store Cafe. Cuz the food is damn good! For a kick ass American home cookin no-nonsense breakfast (or, if you are like me and can't get out of bed - brunch), I really have trouble eating at other places, because they always seem to come up a bit short. The chicken apple links still taste like links, not the froo-froo chicken apple stuff you might get somewhere else (good, but not breakfast!), and the french toast is like Mom made. Honestly, its not on some weird bread trying to be something that it's not, it's got just the right egginess to have given it that light and fluffy texture you crave in french toast. Top it with some maple syrup and you're off. Please realize that I'm not comparing this breakfast to some gourmet, can't pronounce the crap on the menu place, I'm comparing it to other good eggs, sausage, french toast, bacon, pancake type joints, like Kate's for instance, or maybe Top's. Actually, that gives me a good idea. I will go and get the exact same thing (or as close as I can get) at Kate's and Top's and I'll throw Home in the mix and I will repost each review with links to the others so we can have a little competitive side-by-side analysis. Let's see who will win the b-fast challenge? To be continued....

No comments: