Food review: Butterscotch pudding ~ Food review blog: I Food U Food

Food review blog from San Francisco.

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Food review: Butterscotch pudding


















Restaurant:
Acme Chophouse (San Francisco)
Food description: Butterscotch pudding topped with whipped cream and candied macadamia nuts, served with blonde brownies
Food rating: 8 out of 10
Times ordered: 2

This is the only desert I've had at Acme so far, and pretty much the only dessert I need to have. Normally when I see/hear/read anything regarding butterscotch, I avoid it like the plague, but thanks to a rec from my outstanding server Charles, I went out on a limb and went for it--been hooked ever since. The "butterscotch" part was actually more like a creamy caramel flavor similar to a crème brulée without the egg or the crunch. Though rather sweet, it was still light enough to polish off with no trouble. To help with the sweetness, it's served with two blonde brownies and some candied macadamia nuts. The nuts helped and added a little crunch, but I didn't care much for the brownies. They were a little dry, but also tasted slightly old/frozen/refrigerator funky. Whatever the case, they were easy enough to not eat. So overall, this dessert made for a great alternative to my usual dark chocolate addictions and just as satisfying. And if you're like me and put off by the though of butterscotch, don't be. I assure you it resembles nothing of those disgusting yellow-orange hard candies from your childhood.

No comments: