Food review: Sake sashimi (salmon) ~ Food review blog: I Food U Food

Food review blog from San Francisco.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Food review: Sake sashimi (salmon)


















Restaurant:
Sushi Time (San Francisco)
Food description: Raw slices of salmon sashimi
Food rating: 6 out of 10
Times ordered: 1

The salmon sashimi was just "ok" for me. It wasn't as fresh as I'd hoped, and overly oily (I suspect it was farm-raised). It was so oily that when you picked it up, it began to fall apart. Normally fattiness in sashimi is a good thing, particularly with toro, but with salmon (which is fattier by nature), it had maxed out it's fat limit. The added oiliness gave it a slimy texture, and given my vivid imagination, this was not something I found enjoyable. After just having the delicious hamachi, I really expected more from the salmon, but unfortunately it didn't deliver. At this point, I'd say there are other things on the menu I'd rather experiment with before attempting to give this salmon another try.

No comments: