Food review: Italian combo pizza ~ Food review blog: I Food U Food

Food review blog from San Francisco.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Food review: Italian combo pizza


















Restaurant:
Little Star Pizza (San Francisco)
Food description: Thin crust pizza with pepperoni, salami, white onions, green bell peppers, black olives, pepperoncini
Food rating: 6 out of 10
Times ordered: 1

I like deep dish pizza more than I like thin crust pizza. I think the reason is because I don't like soggy crusts. Not to say that all thin crust pizzas will have soggy crusts but I think that with thin crust pizza the chance of the crust being soggy is much higher. Anyway, the point is, this pizza had a soggy crust so I didn't like it. I could barely finish one slice. However, all the components of the pizza were really good, the pepperoni and salami were great and the kitchen didn't skimp or overdo the meat part either, the white onions were a little undercooked for my taste but the green bell peppers and pepperoncinis, besides making the dish look really colorful, added that nice, crispy freshness that I like on my pizza. I think the bell peppers help me pretend that my pizza is somewhat healthy for me. The sauce they use is really good, much better than your average pizza joint sauce--you can really taste the fresh herbs in this one. So while this pizza didn't taste terrible, if they could only give it a crispier crust it would have been much, much better.

No comments: