Food review: Miso soup ~ Food review blog: I Food U Food

Food review blog from San Francisco.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Food review: Miso soup


















Restaurant: Sushi Delight (San Francisco)
Food description: Japanese soup made with miso paste, tofu, and seaweed
Food rating: 6 out of 10
Times ordered: 5+

Overall, the miso soup at Sushi Delight is just average, though I somehow keep ordering it when it's freezing cold outside. One thing that really irks me is any miso soup served in a plastic bowl. The steam from the soup gives off a plastic-y smell and if you drink it the tru Japanese way, straight from the bowl, it'll taste like plastic too (though I'm probably the only one who notices stuff like this). The soup itself is pretty minimal, and more take-out style than gourmet-you know, those tiny little cubes of tofu and bits of seaweed! Mostly broth, but like I said, good enough for just warming you up. And c'mon, at $1.50, what'd you expect anyway?

No comments: