Food review: Buffalo wings ~ Food review blog: I Food U Food

Food review blog from San Francisco.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Food review: Buffalo wings


















Restaurant:
Burgermeister (Church St, San Francisco)
Food description: Tangy spicy buffalo-style chicken wings
Food rating: 5 out of 10
Times ordered: 10+

I have to admit, these wings are not very good at all. I think I've even gotten food poisoning from them once. Why have I ordered them so many times, you ask? Well being from the east coast, a girl's gotta have her buffalo wings regularly, and these were the closest I could find (near my house at least). I've come to the conclusion that San Francisco doesn't have a clue what real buffalo wings are supposed to be. This puts me in desparate situations where I have to settle for mediocrity and eat wings at Burgermeister cuz at least they've got the sauce kinda close. What I hate about their wings is that they taste old, they're way over-fried and dried out, and some wings don't look like wings at all. But on Mondays they're half price (like $3 for a dozen), so it ends up being 3 bucks well spent.

No comments: