Food review: Karlbsragout ~ Food review blog: I Food U Food

Food review blog from San Francisco.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Food review: Karlbsragout


















Restaurant: Suppenkuche (San Francisco)
Food description: German veal stew with mushroom gravy sauce and pan-fried egg noodles (spatzle)
Food rating: 7.5 out of 10
Times ordered: 1

I've been to Suppenkuche and bunch of times (since it's in my hood and I can crawl home after the food knocks me out) so I like to check out the specials and try something new. The karlsragout was something I'd never had but was definitely a good choice. I knew I couldn't go wrong with the mushroom gravy, since I've had it many time before on the jagerschnitzel dish and love it. The veal was slow cooked, tender, and lean, but just slightly overcooked. The flavor of the veal, mushrooms, and gravy together was fantastic-from that alone, I'd definitely order it again. The spatzle was also yummy and is one of Suppenkuche's fortes. It goes great with the stew with it's rich and buttery flavor, but isn't overwhelmingly greasy. It's a shame this dish isn't on the permanent menu because it's one of the better thing's I've had at Suppenkuche.

No comments: