Food review: Pad see ew (chicken) ~ Food review blog: I Food U Food

Food review blog from San Francisco.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Food review: Pad see ew (chicken)


















Restaurant: Thai House Express (Larkin St., San Francisco)
Food description: Thai pan-fried rice noodles with chicken, scallions, and sweet soy sauce
Food rating: 7 out of 10
Times ordered: 1

I'm definitely not the authority on Thai food, since I don't really like curry or overly sweet dishes. I've had pad see ew at several other places and I have to say the kind at Thai House Express is pretty good. One thing I hate is overly greasy dishes, and the pad see ew was definitely not drenched in oil (unlike the pad see ew from Osha) . It's a nice introductory dish if you're not very daring, but perhaps a little boring for those looking for a bolder flavor. There was only little bits of chicken and should have been more generous in the meat department. But as pad see ew goes, Thai House Express is a top choice.

No comments: